Your generous donation to RDOC will go towards developing and improving our education programs:
- Programs like our Fido, Friend or Foe activity book that is designed to teach children how to
act responsibly and safely around dogs, and can be used as a starting
point to talk to children about bite prevention.
- And the Preschool and Dog Program: we have created a package to give to preschool teachers to use as a resource when working on child-and-dog safety with their
- We are currently developing an illustrated booklet for 5-8 year olds to teach them how to be safe around dogs while having fun.
- RDOC participates in the CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) Teddy Bear Picnic in Ottawa, talking to children about dog safety.
- Every year, Spring and Fall, RDOC holds Park Clean Up Days in Ottawa area dog parks. Most dog owners are very good at cleaning up after their dogs, but not so good about discarded coffee cups, cigarette butts etc. During the morning our volunteers hand out bags and protective gloves to the dog owners, who then help to pick up the garbage littering their dog park.
- Last year we undertook a survey of Ottawa area retirement homes to find out which of them allow their residents to bring their pets with them.
How to donate to RDOC:
To pay by cheque, please make it out to RDOC, and mail to: RDOC, 24 Elderwood Trail, Stittsville, ON, K2S 1C9, Canada (phone: 613-868-2201 Please leave a message)
Alternatively, you may prefer to join RDOC, at a very reasonable cost. More information can be found on our Membership Page
Thank You for Helping RDOC
this page updated April 2018